Welcome

A history of the Mosley (Moseley) and Miles families in Mississippi

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Installment # 3 - the Mos(e)ley's

Now that we have established the parents and grandparents of Jeff, Edwin and myself, I am going to switch directions a little. It will be much too confusing to cover both the Miles' and Mosley's each week so I am going to split them up. For the next few weeks I am going to focus on the Mosley's. Why? Well, for one thing, I have been limited on how far back I can go with this side of the family. I also want to save the most exciting and colorful for later and that will come from the Miles side.

My great grandfather - This would be Thomas J. Mos(e)ley. He was born on April 19, 1851 in Alabama. He died on August 15, 1904 and is buried in the Center Ridge Baptist Church cemetary in Carmichael, Mississippi. This is where the spelling of Mosley changed by dropping the e between the "s" and "l".

My great grandmother - This would be Martha A. Williams. Martha was born January 23, 1855 and died September 18, 1934. She also is buried in  in the Center Ridge Baptist Church cemetary in Carmichael Mississippi.

My great, great grandfather (Paternal) - Unknown at this time

My great, great grandfather (Maternal) - Frank R. Williams. Frank was born December 2, 1820. (how about that Harley?) He died August 6, 1863 in Clarke County Mississippi. He was in the Civil War as a private with the 5th Mississippi Infantry, "D" Company. These were state troops. He is buried in the Center Ridge Baptist Church cemetery in Carmichael, Mississippi.

My great, great grandmother (Maternal) - Isabella Menasco - She was born November 9, 1832 in Shelby County Tennessee. She died July 30, 1892 in Mobile Alabama. She is buried in Center Ridge Baptist Church cemetary in Carmichael Mississippi. She was married to Frank Williams.

My great, great, great grandfather (Paternal) - The trail went cold with Thomas Mosley. More research is needed.

My great, great, great granfather (Maternal) - James Newton Menasco. He was born on October 7, 1797 in Tennessee. He died on August 6, 1869 in Shubuta, Clarke County, Mississippi.

My great, great, great grandmother (Maternal) - Jemima Harty. She was born on May, 31, 1794 in Greene County Tennessee. Jemima married James on January 30, 1815 when she was 20 years old. They had nine children. She died on January 13, 1877 in Shubuta, Clarke County, Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment